Personally, I am not a big debater. So I wasn't a fun of the activity, but I never knew that I am pretty good at setting the scene and being confident to express my thoughts!
But unfortunately, the debate did feel one-sided, since all of us have the mindset of marks being outdated. Especially right after watching a video on how marks are detrimental to students learning, I feel like all of us TCs already have the pre-conceived notion of the effects of marks not being an effective tool of assessing students.
Though I think the debate was important to illustrate the good parts of marking, and why we should keep marking. Since being a teacher isn't always black or white, it was pretty valuable to see the other side and figure out what we can come to to meet in the middle.
So again, not a big fan of the activity because I don't like debates, but still glad that we did it regardless to see both sides of the marking perspective :)
No comments:
Post a Comment