I would like to do my project on the motivation of students cheating, and the effects that cheating have on their development. We talked about cheating in our EDCP 442 class, and I was genuinely so fascinated about it. I remember cheating in a science quiz when I was in high school, so it is very interesting for me to come back to this as an adult on the other side. We learned that some of the main motivations behind cheating is that the students want to get into a good school, and that they assumed everybody else is cheating. I also want to know what the effects of cheating is in terms of development, since cheating is essentially a habit. If the students were getting away with cheating in high school, they might make a habit out of it, and start to cheat in real life. And lastly, I want to touch on what we can do as educators to discourage such behaviour. I know the whole concept of marks is to blame, but I want to find out more on how we can combat this :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Course Reflection
Another of the those fun courses I've taken this semester! This is the course that I have learned the most from, as we did so many diffe...
-
https://youtu.be/P4Fig4NqF6c?si=Jrvsp6Ro-lDI59jZ Bazett, T. (2022). YouTube. https://youtu.be/P4Fig4NqF6c?si=Jrvsp6Ro-lDI59jZ This is a You...
-
The topic of cheating as fascinated me ever since Kevin mentioned it in our EDCP 441 class! So for my inquiry project, I was really surprise...
-
Grades are such an interesting topic, on one hand, students are motivated by grades, but on the other hand, they are motivated because they ...

No comments:
Post a Comment