Saturday, December 14, 2024

Course Reflection

Another of the those fun courses I've taken this semester! This is the course that I have learned the most from, as we did so many different ways to integrate math into learning! I still didn't enjoy the math poetry, because again, I am "traumatized" from all of the poem memorizations when I was in China. But, I did enjoy learning about the nature of math and how math can be applied to everything that isn't math-related, such as dancing and drawing, which are seen as more creative than math-y. But to be honest, I still don't understand inquiry that well. I know that as a teacher, I need to reflect on my own teachings and see how much I have grown and what to improve on, but I still don't understand how it means to conduct inquiry-based learning. I'm guessing Building Thinking Classrooms has a part of it too, to engage students in questioning themselves and figuring out the answers with each other, instead of just listening to us. So I am excited to learn more about it during the rest of my career!

In terms of course feedback, I did enjoy us doing a bunch of different activities to help us explore what we liked and didn't like about using different ways to teach math. Again, I didn't enjoy using poetry in math, but I did enjoy charcoal drawing! That's the fun part about being open-minded and being willing to try everything at least once. I had an amazing time with all the math pedagogy courses together, so thank you so much! :)

Also! I have made plenty of short videos on my teaching journey thus far on my Instagram, so if anyone is interested, feel free to take a look! https://www.instagram.com/math.with.mr.c/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Course Reflection

Another of the those fun courses I've taken this semester! This is the course that I have learned the most from, as we did so many diffe...