I really enjoyed the drawing experience, since I have never drawn anything with charcoal before. I have been doodling for most of my life, usually on notes and stuff, so I have always enjoyed drawing. I like to draw characters, from video games and such, so I didn’t have a lot of experience drawing nature things. So from this experience, I enjoyed the process of sitting in nature and just drawing things I can see, especially my classmates :)
Though, in terms of math, I didn’t think the drawing exercise was super related. I think it’s more useful as an example, rather than a lesson. I loved the idea of “being bad at drawing,” but as you draw, it doesn’t really matter how good you are. I like the relationship between that and math, since a lot of people assume that they are “not at math.” I also thought it was interesting to see rigid edges of human-made objects versus the curves and stuff in nature. I dropped my biology teachable, but if I were to ever teach biology, I think this would be a perfect exercise! I can get my students to draw something in nature, and talk about why nature doesn’t have a lot of straight lines (biology favours high surface areas, which is why we don’t see straight edges).
So all in all, a fun exercise, I don’t think I will use it in a math class, but it is a great lesson to learn in terms of “being bad at drawing.”
No comments:
Post a Comment