Wednesday, October 30, 2024

Body Measurements Exit Slip

That was a pretty interesting exercise to say the least! I learned a lot about the relevance of the imperial measurement system, and why many people still use it today. I have often heard that this system is very useful for those in the trades industries, since it’s a fast way to measure, say the width of a wooden plank, with just your fingers instead of needing a measuring device. As a biologist, it is also fun to see that many ancient civilizations have already discovered the body proportion ratios and such, so this was a very fun exercise that I would do in my measurements unit. My favourite measurement is still the wingspan to body height ratio being close to 1:1. So knowing that I am 1.72m tall, I have used my wingspan to measure a bunch of stuff, especially in IKEA. Those will be fun tricks to make my students appreciate how practical and fun could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Course Reflection

Another of the those fun courses I've taken this semester! This is the course that I have learned the most from, as we did so many diffe...