The topic of cheating as fascinated me ever since Kevin mentioned it in our EDCP 441 class! So for my inquiry project, I was really surprised by my findings. I was certain that students cheated to get higher grades, so I was absolutely baffled to see that most of them cheated due to a lack of preparation, and that all the motivations behind cheating is all over the place! I think that it is crucial to understand the motivation behind cheating, so we can discourage it, instead of finding the methods of cheating to catch it. The kids will always be smarter to find ways to cheat. Going forward, I want to allow students to allow a cheat sheet for them to bring to all their exams, where they can write whatever they want on the paper. I believe that it will discourage cheating because they are "already cheating." Of course, my exams would be focused on applications and problem solving, rather than rote memorization. So all in all, I had a pretty fun time on this project!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Course Reflection
Another of the those fun courses I've taken this semester! This is the course that I have learned the most from, as we did so many diffe...
-
https://youtu.be/P4Fig4NqF6c?si=Jrvsp6Ro-lDI59jZ Bazett, T. (2022). YouTube. https://youtu.be/P4Fig4NqF6c?si=Jrvsp6Ro-lDI59jZ This is a You...
-
The topic of cheating as fascinated me ever since Kevin mentioned it in our EDCP 441 class! So for my inquiry project, I was really surprise...
-
Grades are such an interesting topic, on one hand, students are motivated by grades, but on the other hand, they are motivated because they ...
No comments:
Post a Comment